Monday, December 10, 2007

Just a Few Things...

-One of my best friends and her husband are experiencing what none of us would ever want to experience: He needs major surgery and there is the potential for other scary medical news this week. We are hoping and praying that the patient pulls through with flying colors, that a benign "softball" is all we're looking at and that he'll be happy, healthy and cracking jokes about his "battle scar" before too long.

-I attended a farewell luncheon today that I was hesitant about going to because it was for a co-worker (who happens to be a close friend of mine) from Presbyterian, and I would be surrounded by ex-coworkers. Don't know why I was hesitant as they all seemed happy to see me and made me feel so welcome. I'm really glad I attended the luncheon.

-I was completely inspired by the spirit and dedication of my friends who ran a half marathon here in Dallas yesterday! I was also thrilled and proud of the excitment my friends displayed in cheering them on. It made me so happy to be a part of such a wonderful circle of friendship.

-I finished all of our Christmas shopping over the weekend. It took me a few clicks of the mouse to order most things on-line in addition to about five hours of shopping in the stores on Saturday. Whew...marathon shopping.

-I have also almost finished yet another semester of school. I completed the last of the papers and sent them out to my professor today, and all I have remaining is a final exam on Wednesday. I will greatly appreciate walking out of that test Wednesday night...D-O-N-E!!

-I think I am almost fully recovered from my traumatic facial experience last week. The memories of the pain are almost gone, replaced by memories of the wonderful massage I experienced that day, as well.

-I REALLY miss my friends that moved to Connecticutt!! I had a phone date with Jenn last Tuesday evening and we laughed and talked and when we hung-up all I could think was, "I wish we still lived in the same city." Some people move away and you miss seeing them, but it's not top of mind so much. That just isn't the case with Jenn and Mark. I find myself on random Saturdays thinking, "Hey! Let's call them up and go grab a beer." And then I remember that isn't possible...so sad. I guess it just goes to show how much I adore them that I can miss them so much.

No comments: